FrogMan and Pico FrogMan and Pico

I've been on Newgrounds since '09 and even since then I've seen the transformation this video talks about. It's ridiculously impressive how much you were able to do with this, and that the animation stayed consistent throughout. Really hit home for me because NG is kind of like a chunk of my childhood, and it's weird seeing how things have changed for better and for worse. I really enjoyed this, the animation wasn't very polished but you still were able to convey a great story that covered so much. Awesome job, I don't have the motivation to keep a project this huge going for as long as you worked on this, kudos to you, man

artistunknown responds:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it and were able to relate with it. Yeah, the animation was pretty unpolished, especially in the beginning since that was done in 2013, but I think I've improved quite a bit throughout the making of this.

I'm glad people are getting the point I wanted to make with this and are enjoying it. Really makes all the time and effort worth it.

Thanks for the review! ;3

practice animations practice animations

The FBF that you're doing is really nice, but I noticed that the first 7 seconds or so are the same as your previous submission. Just as some friendly advice, don't use multiple submissions as ways for people to see your progress, because people want to see and vote on submissions like they are final projects. The work that you've done is really nice, I'd just say to put it all together before you submit again, and add sounds and backgrounds.

Wake: Part 1 of 3 Wake: Part 1 of 3

What you have here is really nice, great effects and nice modeling, but it's so short that it doesn't seem like it needs to be split into 3 parts, the fact that it is so short really leaves me wanting more, but not in the good way, in my opinion you should just submit all 3 at once in one file

Ikonyami responds:

I actually mostly agree with what you said. However, I didn't plan to have two other connecting parts at first (just finished the second part today) and this was going to be just a small project animation to learn some hard surface modeling, but in the end made it into a larger story. Was only going to post what is now "part 2" but felt like posting the first one prior to that would make it more cohesive. But thanks for your input, and make sure to watch part 2 when posted!

KB: Pixel Mobs KB: Pixel Mobs

Really nice graphics, and fairly responsive and differing gameplay. The only thing I would say to work on is making gameplay more interactive. Just clicking on an enemy and instantly killing it, gratifying as it is, leaves a very easy game to play, so adding more than just instakills when you click enemies would make this a very, very solid game.

animebunnies responds:

Hmm perhaps some kind if combo system? Or add some "power ups"?

Thnx for the tip

project 01 project 01

Very solid start, the graphics for the player are really nice, the gameplay is pretty fluid. You seem to have a lot of ideas for different mechanics, with the climbing, the mirrors and lasers, and all that stuff. They don't seem to really be cohesive at this point, but all the mechanics work well in and of themselves. Definitely keep working on this, it's a really good start!

Pico's Rapture Pico's Rapture

This is a really nice, concise game. Graphics are good, gameplay is a little hard to grasp at first, but once you get the hang of it it's really fun! One thing that might help make it more replayable is if you added a high score board. But unlocking different characters the higher you go makes it more aesthetically pleasing and fun. Nicely done!